EXECUTION FOR STRATEGIC AND FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE ECONOMY
We deliver comprehensive Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Placement services to private and public companies in the Software Economy. Our team brings the experience of over 300 successful M&A Transactions, Private Placements, IPOs, and Restructuring transactions. Our team’s deep knowledge of the Software Economy and established network of industry contacts enable us to deliver superior outcomes for our clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sellside Engagements
- Our team has been advising executives, boards of directors and investors, of both publicly-traded and privately-held companies in the Software Economy, for more than three decades. Our extensive contact networks enable rapid connectivity with key influencers and decision makers representing the world’s active acquirers. On behalf of our clients, we have negotiated merger agreements with the most disciplined and sophisticated of leading tech acquirers, including Adobe, IBM, Oracle, Qualcomm and Xerox, in addition to many of the world’s top Private Equity buyers.
- Buyside Engagements
- Our deep understanding of the Software Economy ecosystems combined with our established M&A Strategy consulting capability, as well as teams’ extensive corporate development experience, all enable us to provide complete buyside M&A solutions. Often bringing together our Investment Banking and Strategy Consulting teams, we work with investors, executives and corporate development teams to help them develop inorganic growth strategies, and then identify, diligence, and negotiate and close targeted acquisitions.
- Cross-Border M&A
- With offices in both North America and Europe, as well as FINRA and FSA licenses, we deliver global capability to rapidly facilitate cross-border opportunities for our clients. Our M&A teams have extensive experience navigating local regulatory, political, and cultural considerations. While North America continues to be the most active M&A environment, nearly all of our projects include engagement with, and often successful transactions with, international buyers.
- Growth Equity Financing
- Whether seeking capital for growth, shareholder liquidity, or acquisition financing, our Private Capital Markets team leverages three decades of experience uniting tech companies with the most appropriate investment partners. Our clients have included emerging tech companies investing aggressively for growth, established and profitable tech companies seeking liquidity for founders and shareholders, and tech companies seeking capital to pursue inorganic growth opportunities. Our unique relationships and capabilities enable our clients to access the private capital markets when desired, while maintaining operational focus on the business.
- Strategic Corporate Investments
- For privately-held tech companies seeking growth capital, and more than just a financial partner, the environment has never been better. As more and more of the world’s leading technology companies establish strategic investment vehicles or more aggressively invest their expanding cash balances, the amount of capital available for strategic corporate investments has swelled. Not all strategic investments deliver the intended benefits, however, and some can actually destroy value over the longer term if improperly structured. Our deep experience with this class of investors, combined with the experience and insights shared by our M&A and Strategy Consulting teams, ensure our clients navigate these risks and select the right deal with the right partner.
Our tech focus is with businesses whose primary strategic assets are software and data. We understand what drives valuation in these sectors and have the ability to rapidly dissect our clients’ businesses and competitive differentiation, leading to the most impactful positioning to and connections with strategic and financial buyers. Our team has experience working with companies in the following sectors:
- Enterprise Software
- Healthcare IT
- Consumer Internet
- Vertical Applications
- Marketing and Ad Tech
- Infrastructure Software
- Call Center & Communications
Why Hire Us
Our ability to understand technology and its disruptive potential is one of our core capabilities. We have a multi-decade track record of impactful positioning of businesses to investors and acquirers based on technology and product differentiators within an industry. This dedication to the technology industry gives us a unique advantage in software-specific valuation analysis and support.
Our investment banking practice designs bespoke processes to fit each client’s unique situation. Key considerations include shareholder dynamics, specific market dynamics and competitive sensitivities, business, customer and product specific timing, limiting management distraction from business execution and maintaining financial performance. No two deals are alike, so we invest considerable time up front understanding our clients’ businesses and designing processes to deliver the optimal results.
Strategy and Positioning
Our extensive and diverse backgrounds in technology, strategy, finance and operations afford unique perspectives that result in optimal positioning of our clients’ investment and acquisition opportunities. We begin with rigorous due diligence of our clients’ businesses, applying proprietary analytics to help us understand their true differentiators (product/technology, customers, financials, management) and how best to accentuate, fortify and position those to investors and buyers.
Network and Relationships
Our relationships with investors and buyers are both broad and deep. We understand better than others the key players, competitive dynamics, and what is driving demand for investments and acquisitions within a sector. Similarly, our cross border capabilities in North America and Europe gives us a global perspective and the ability to work efficiently with clients and their prospective partners in both geographies to deliver the optimal outcome.
For two decades now I’ve been observing the evolution of HR technology. First as an investment banker, then as an investor, an operator, and finally as an investment banker again. As anyone in the industry can attest, it’s been a… Read More →
Over the past few weeks, the primary story in the financial media, from Barron’s to CNBC, FT and Fortune, has been the IPO market, or the lack thereof. Fortune referenced our research in their cover story “So Long, Wall Street”… Read More →
Salesforce’s announced acquisition today of Demandware is another big step in the company’s path to get closer to the customer. The addition of ecommerce platform capabilities is a logical extension to the existing Salesforce suite and further rounds out the… Read More →